How was your weekend? I got a chance to go to Peak District this weekend and enjoyed great outdoors on a sunny day. How did you spend your weekend?
I am in the process of writing a series of posts called #beautytips. Each week I will share beauty tips with you. Look out for the #beautytips posts and feel free to ask me any questions you may have. Today I am going to show you how to clean makeup sponge? I have very oily and acne prone skin and I need to clean my sponge each time I use makeup. I used to apply mineral makeup however I don’t like the powdery finish. So I have started using liquid makeup since January and I love how I can achieve a flawless finish using sponge. I will soon do a review about the makeup sponge I use soon, be sure to look out for the post.
Here’s what you would need to clean your makeup sponge:
1. Any washing-up Liquid ( I use Fairy)
2. Olive Oil
1. Take 1 tablespoon of olive oil on your pal.
2. Pour 1 tablespoon of washing-up liquid on to the oil on your palm.
3. Mix oil and liquid and swish the sponge around the liquid. Use your fingers to get the makeup out.
4. Under running tap water clean the sponge.
5. Pump out excess liquid.
6. I often cover the sponge with a clean towel and squeeze it to dry out the water.
7. Air dry on a clean towel.
Tip: Be sure to clean your sponge a day prior to your use. If you use make-up everyday like me, then clean the sponge the night before.
Hope this was helpful.Please do let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day ladies.
Stay Elegantly Fashionable xx